The European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) aims to strengthen economic, social, and territorial cohesion in the European Union by correcting imbalances between its regions. Between 2021-2027, it will enable investments in a smarter, greener, more connected, and more social Europe that is closer to its citizens. Sting operates several regional fund projects co-financed by ERDF.
Crisis support for technology-based growth companies. Project during 2020-2023 and includes these activities:
- Comeback coaching to tech companies in Stockholm
- Extensive COVID business development crisis support to selected tech companies
- Open coaching to inspire people who have lost their job to start a tech company
- A pre-incubator program (Test Drive) for those who have lost their job due to COVID
- Increased incubator capacity to support more companies due to COVID
- A web-based business development school
Increased digitization of startups within the sustainability and health sectors.
This project will run from 2020-2023 and includes several activities, including health action, an innovation challenge to identify innovations that can be commercialized via digital platforms in chronic illness, mental health, women’s health, pandemic health care, and diagnostics. Additionally, the project will increase business development capacity to support a larger volume of startups addressing the climate change challenge and increased interaction with other actors for stronger support to climate tech companies. The project will also increase capacity to advise early innovators (Open Coaching) within health and climate sectors about how to commercialize their innovations.
A pre-study project running throughout 2021 to investigate the possibilities to form a stronger support system in the Stockholm region to transform a larger volume of innovations within the climate tech area into commercial growing companies.