No items found.
Press Release
May 17, 2023

Sting Appoints Krim Talia as New CEO

Stockholm Innovation and Growth (Sting), the leading incubator and accelerator for tech startups in the Nordics, has announced the appointment of Krim Talia as its new CEO, effective from June 1, 2023. Talia will replace Pär Hedberg, who has been the CEO since Sting’s founding in 2002.

Two men smiling

Talia brings a wealth of experience to the role, having started several successful tech companies and worked as a private investor and research commercialization expert. For the past few years, he has also served as a business coach at Sting and as interim CEO for Mindler. Talia’s journey with Sting began in 2004 when his first startup, Nanologica, received its first external funding from Sting and its CEO at the time, Pär Hedberg.

“I am thrilled to be taking over as the CEO of Sting,” says Talia. “Sting has been instrumental in supporting the growth of Stockholm-based startups for over 20 years, and I am honored to have the opportunity to give back to the community that has given me so much. It comes as no surprise to me that Sting was named the Best Accelerator in the World in 2021.”

Sting has a significant impact on the local economy, turning out 30+ new growth companies every year and raising €128 million in private capital in 2022 alone. Its 270 active companies had €495 million in revenue and employed 3,200 people in the same year. Sting also operates Propel Capital, the largest private pre-seed investor in the Nordics, backed by experienced business angels. Some of the successful companies backed by Sting include Yubico, Sellpy, Airmee, Surfcleaner, Midsummer, Mendi, and Volumental.

“I am immensely proud of the work we have done at Sting,” says Staffan Ingvarsson, Chairman of Sting and CEO of Stockholm Business Region. Krim Talia is the perfect fit for this role, and I look forward to working with him to continue supporting the growth of startups in Stockholm and the Nordics.”

In his new role, Talia will build on Sting’s success and focus on supporting the growth of startups in Stockholm and the Nordics. “Sting has actively developed several key components of the startup ecosystem in Stockholm and Sweden, and I am excited to continue this work with the brilliant team at Sting,” he says.

Overall, Sting’s impact on the startup community in Stockholm and the Nordics is significant, and Talia’s appointment as CEO signals a new chapter in its ongoing success story.

About Sting:

Sting is a nonprofit organization and an independent ecosystem for tech startups, serving as the leading incubator and accelerator in the Nordics. The Electrum Foundation, a public-private foundation, owns 91% of Sting, with the remaining 9% held by KTH Holding. As a founder-centric player, Sting always prioritizes what’s best for startups. Since 2002, Sting has supported over 400 promising startups based in Stockholm, actively contributing to the development of the local and Swedish startup ecosystem for more than 20 years. Sting has been recognized as the Best Accelerator in the world by the Global Startup Awards, and it is the go-to place for startups in Stockholm seeking to grow and succeed. To learn more about Sting, visit




Team & Talent

Related companies

No items found.

Share news post